What will the 2016 practicum be about?
Using a case-based approach, invited students from leading business schools and other partner institutions will collaboratively explore the challenges and opportunities of doing business in Africa through the lens of an organization operating on the continent. Participants will have the opportunity to work in hybrid teams composed of students from various schools. The workshop will culminate with presentations of potential solutions to industry experts, faculty and renowned Yale World Fellows with relevant academic and professional experience.
Stay tuned for more details in the upcoming months
Case analysis will focus on multiple areas, emblematic of the integrated management perspectives approach of the Yale School of Management core curriculum.
These perspectives will aim to address questions faced around:
1) Financial Forecasting: How can the company maximize its value in the short and long-run?
2) Strategic Direction: What strategy should the company pursue to optimize long-term growth across geographies and customer segments?
3) Management and Human Capital: How should the company manage its human capital, cultural integration, and management ethos?
4) Marketing Analysis: How should the firm adapt its business model to best attract and retain customers?
5) Society and Non-market Strategy: How should the firm influence relationships with government, regulators, NGOs and society?